3D Solar is a great collection of several useful sets of data created by 3D Solar. The layers include:
- Rapid Response System consists of near real time imagery captured by NASA’s Terra and Aqua satellites. New satellite images are released daily and they typically show something of interest, such as tropical storms, wildfires, volcanic ash plumes, and other large scale events that are visible from space. The interface to load the images is a bit confusing. You have to be careful not to try and load all of them at the same time.
- MODIS Terra & Aqua - These layers do not appear to work.
- USGS Ortho 1 meter - This layer will load black & white aerial photographs for the lower 48 United States. These aerial photographs typically date from the mid to late 1990s.
- USGS Topo Maps - This layer will load the USGS Topographic maps for all 50 United States. The scale of the map decreases automatically as you zoom in.
- Landsat 7 IR1 - This appears to be a global mosaic of historical infrared satellite imagery from the Landsat7 satellite.
- US Navy Cloud Top - Global overlay of cloud imagery updated every three hours.